Re: st: SUMMARY EXPLANATION

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SUMMARY EXPLANATION
Date   Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:50:12 +0100

Please read the Statalist FAQ, URL below, on not
sending HTML or homework questions to the list.

Incidentally any book so lacking in scientific
literacy as to report "Kg" and "Cm" as units
or to average identifiers is most unlikely to
be much use in furthering your research.

KARTEY John

I am a beginner in stata version 8 and came across the summary below in one of my researches. Can somebody out there help me in the vivid explanation of the summary below?

The following exercise of statistical output is based on Sample data of
children with their weight in Kg, their size in Cm and their ages in number
of years.

You will be obliged to provide an answer to interpret the statistical output
generate from the sample data described above.

1) Explain the Summary results below:

Variable Obs Mean Std. Dev.
Min Max

Children 30 15.5 8.803408