Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: mlogit problems

Subject   st: mlogit problems
Date   Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:16:53 -0400

I'm running a series of svy mlogit commands on different countries. I'm having some trouble producing the estimates with the expected groupings. In other words as part of the model I have five categories (call them A, B, C, D, E). When I run a tabulation on the dep var I get frequencies as I would expect, 2000 for one, 60 for another, you get the idea, and the important detail is there are valid cases in all five categories. However, when I run the mlogit commands I get a nonsense response back with regression output that seems to show the dep variable as one outcomes. In other words there is just one set of coefficents rather then the four I would expect.

I only get this response on selected datasets, and the same command language works fine on a number of nations.

Any ideas?

Joshua Hawley, Ed.D.
The Ohio State University