Re: st: gidecomposition...problems

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: gidecomposition...problems
Date   Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:08:37 -0400

I am unable to find this program (using -which- or -findit-);
where does it come from?

Rich

Vincenzo Lombardo wrote:

dear all,
i am using the gidecomposition program in stata 9 to decompose the change
in poverty into the 3 effects. the outcome I get looks like this:
Growth and Inequality Poverty Decomposition
Base year 1 Base year 2 Average effect
Poverty rate (P0) 100.000 100.000
Change in P0 0.000 0.000 0.000
Growth component 0.000 0.000 0.000
Redistribution component 0.000 0.000 0.000
Interaction component 0.000 0.000 0.000
that is, it is as stata does not recognize any changes in the Head-Count. I
canceled out from my original dataset all the variables not needed, and I
kept only Head-Count for each region (I have 19 italian region, for which
i will use "if"), year and gini coefficient..
could you tell me why stata does not reply as it was supposed? Am I doing
something wrong? for instance should I set some description of the
distribution or of the data??
the command I used to implement the decomposition is:

gidecomposition using "C:\Documents and
Settings\Vicius\Desktop\MAData\decomposition\usingI_1989.dta" if
region==1, var1(rHC) var2(rHC) pline1(povline) pline2(povline) hc

thanks a lot
warm regards, vincenzo