st: RE: ivprobit first stage

Subject   st: RE: ivprobit first stage
Date   Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:16:00 +0100

Grazia,

This is because the ivprob in Stata 8.2 is a user-written command that doesn't support this option, and the ivprobit in Stata 9 that the manual refers to is Stata's official ivprobit and does support this option.

You either need to update to Stata 9, or do the test by hand in Stata 8.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK