Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: maximum vector size

Subject   st: maximum vector size
Date   Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:18:59 +0000

Is there a maximum size for a vector?  I seem to be able to get to 400 elements just fine, but once I add in 1 more to 401 I get an error message

conformability error

This is suppose to be for when two matrices are combined but don't conform.  I'm not combining matrices, just trying to make a vector bigger.  Ultimately, I need a vector with 595 elements, but so far I can't get there.

Any suggestions?

Walt Paczkowski