Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: format of a referenced macro

From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: format of a referenced macro
Date   Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:34:43 -0400

If you are just diplaying a value, you need to put the formatting and value outside the quotes:

di "Here is " %9.2f `MIR2' "."

If you want to format the actual macro, then you could do that in the macro definition using the :di macro extended function

local MIR2: di %9.2f stats[4,1]

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- "Adam Seth Litwin" <aslitwin@MIT.EDU> wrote:

I am referencing a macro, but I can't figure out how to set the formatting
upon referencing.

Here's what I mean...

local M1R2 = stats[4,1]
file write filename "Here is `M1R2'."

This writes a line to a file that looks like this:
Here is .2835322214434233.

How would I get it to look like:
Here is 0.28.

I just don't know where to put the %9.2f.