Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: problem with svyset and svygei

From (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: problem with svyset and svygei
Date   Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:14:14 -0500

Emma <> is using -svygei- with Stata 9:

> I have household survey data set using svyset (v.
> 9.2). when i try to run the "svygei"  utility, i
> receive this error message:
> "data not set up for the old survey estimation
> commands; use svyset under version control or use the
> new svy prefix"
> as far as i'm aware, my data are set up using the
> newest svyset commands.
> i'd be grateful for any advice as to how I could solve
> this problem.

Emma can re-svyset- her data under version 8.2 control to get -svygei- to
recognize the proper survey design settings.

Assuming the sampling weight variable is -sweight-, the stratum id variable is
-stratid-, and the PSU id variable is -psuid-, Emma can call -svyset- under
versin 8.2 control by putting the following line in her do-file:

	version 8.2: svyset [pw=sweight], strata(stratid) psu(psuid)