Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: linear interpolation

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   Re: st: linear interpolation
Date   Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:45:13 -0400

On Jul 25, 2006, at 4:26 PM, wrote:

Perhaps -tsfill- would help?

I think -tsfill- must be right. The problem I'm having is that the panel I'm creating has, as an indicator variable, four variables: state name, age cohort indicator, race and sex. So, for instance, when I reshape the data, I use a nested reshape like this:

. reshape wide ir, i(fip age race sex) j(year)

But when I attempt to -tsset- the data, I can't seem to use the same kind of nesting. When I simply use -tsset-, I use this:

. tsset fip year
repeated time values within panel

Do you have any thoughts on this?

* For searches and help try: