From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: combining graphs
Date   Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:20:21 +0200

I am assuming you want to show the survival curves of different groups in the same graph, is that correct? In that case you can use the by-option of the -sts graph- command, see example below:

*------begin example-----
sysuse cancer, clear
stset studytime, failure(died)
sts graph, by(drug)
*-------end example------

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting adress:

+31 20 5986715

-----Original Message-----
From: []On Behalf Of Monika Huembelin
Sent: dinsdag 25 juli 2006 9:21
Subject: st: combining graphs

Hello everyone,

I'd like to combine survival curves of different graphs in a single graph. With the "graph combine" command I just get a graph with subgraphs. Does anyone know if this is possible at all and if you can even combine graphs of different types? Thanks a lot for helping a STATA greenhorn using STATA 8.2.