Re: st: univariate time series intervention analysis

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: univariate time series intervention analysis
Date   Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:11:30 -0400

you need
to convert the commas in the data to periods.
  A Dickey-Fuller test indicates that your series is stationary.
Therefore, transformation to stationarity may not be needed.  You
construct an intervention dummy-named Interv--equal to zero up to time
22 and equal to 1 from 22 on.
  You could then try to test for autocorrelation--corrgram would
suffice.
But correlogram analysis would not reveal any significant
autocorrelation or moving average innovations. Hence, you would run an

arima y Interv, arima(0,0,0)

  You would not find that the interv dummy is statistically
significant with these data, whether you request robust or nonrobust
standard errors.

   Regards,
    Robert Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.