st: Including kdensity graph into a histogram with frequencies

From   "Daniel Schneider" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Including kdensity graph into a histogram with frequencies
Date   Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:31:15 -0700

I have been trying to combine a kdensity graph and a histogram of the
same distribution, but I would like to have the axis for the histogram
in frequencies, not densities. I have experimented with using individual
axes for both the histogram and the density line, but then the two
results don't match anymore.

Here is a command I have been using:

_kdens variable ,kernel(triangle) ll(0) gen(y x)
twoway (hist variable ,freq ) (line x y ,lcolor(black) lstyle(solid)
yaxis(2) ytitle("",axis(2)) ylabel(none,axis(2))  ) , legend(off)

Is there any solution for this problem? Using density and "faking" (i.e.
relabeling) the axis for the histogram?

Any help is appreciated.

Daniel Schneider