Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Adding a legend to a combined graph

From   "Joseph McDonnell" <>
Subject   Re: st: Adding a legend to a combined graph
Date   Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:29:12 +0200

To all responders... guys are fast!!!

Maarten, I'd forgotten about good old "findit". I'll look into it.

Many thanks (of "hartelijk bedankt" in het Nederlands)

From: Maarten buis <>
Subject: Re: st: Adding a legend to a combined graph
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:09:11 +0100 (BST)

--- Joseph McDonnell <> wrote:
> I want to show the graphs as one (combined) graph. So I generate the
> individual graphs and then combine them. Because the legend for the
> individual graphs are identical, I set the legend in each graph to
> off. However, I then want to add the same legend to the combined
> graph.

-findit legend combine- tells you about the -grc1leg- package, which
does exactly what you want. (The reference to -findit- is not intended
to be rude, as some earlier posts on this list seem to suggest, it is
just to show how easy and helpful that command is.)

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam