Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: program to calculate specific percentiles

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: program to calculate specific percentiles
Date   Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:21:29 -0500

At 10:08 AM 7/19/2006, n j cox wrote:
Dirk Nachbar sent the following program (wrapped up in mailjunk, despite both public and private requests sent previously not to do this):

1. Using -set trace on- would show you where there was a problem.
Good list by Nick. I'll add that when I ran the program, I got error(197) which means there is an error in the syntax statement itself. -set trace on- (perhaps accompanied by a -set tracedepth- command) is good advice for any such problem. If going to the list it also helps to provide a specific example, e.g. use the auto data. At least give the exact error message - error(197) is far more informative than error(198).

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu