Re: st: Help for 3rd tier users of stata

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help for 3rd tier users of stata
Date   Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:10:11 -0400

Dear Statalisters especially new users,

First, you are not 3rd tier. There is no such thing. Statalist was started for all users. Some, longer in the tooth, may have been around longer, but there is no ladder to climb. Please feel free to ask any question you want. Sometimes you will get an answer sometimes you won't. Some people who answer will also have this yearning to have you learn more and want to teach you how to answer other questions by yourself--education, teaching a man to fish, etc.--and they may add comments about Stata Help and archives etc. Take them for what they are worth. Usually they are offered in good spirit. Sometimes it may seem a bit gruff. I am sure this is not the first time in your life you have heard a gruff remark. Surely you have met teachers with different teaching styles. Even textbooks have different styles. The ones I dislike are the ones who seem to be authored by individuals who feel they have to prove how smart they are. That's life. But please keep the questions coming--this list is for us, we learn from the questions and the answers given. Don't worry too much about pontifications such as this.

m.p.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/