st: regress and then extrapolate with new dependent vars but same coefficients

From   "Olga Gorbachev Melloni" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: regress and then extrapolate with new dependent vars but same coefficients
Date   Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:56:38 -0400

Hello,

I need to run an exercise in which after running a regression and predicting the y_hat, I need to replace one of the dependent variables with zeros and then use the saved coefficients to predict a hypothetical value for y_hat(given x1==0), in order to compare the predicted values from these two exercises.

Does any one know how to do this quickly, without saving all the coefficients and manually predicting for the second step? I am running a regression with 174 dependent variables (mostly dummies) and it would take some time to predict manually.

I've checked on the faq for this and was unable to find anything, i might have overlooked the answer and apologize in advance if it has been asked and answered already and would appreciate any references if so.

Thank you,

Olga Gorbachev Melloni
Ph.D. student in Economics at Columbia University
(212)866-6091
502 W122 Street, apt. 62
NY, NY 10027

*