st: Help for 3rd tier users of stata

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Help for 3rd tier users of stata
Date   Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:11:32 -0400

Not being a power user of Stata, and not even being a
second tier user, I sympathize with the plight of
those questioners who ask really basic questions
about things like statistical tests for medians.  I
learn a lot from these questions.  And, to be honest,
I am completely flummoxed by searching the archives
and would not know enough to use "median test" as my
search phrase.

If it is not good to waste the time of the power and
second tier users on such matters, could we have a
separate listserv or a SUBJECT line warning that
would allow us to move along up to those levels
eventually through learning from each other?  Or is
there some other way to build a community for us?

Woody