Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Strange Pasting Behavior

From   Rafal Raciborski <>
Subject   Re: st: Strange Pasting Behavior
Date   Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:02:01 -0400

please, search the archives....

Quoting Mark Orr <>:

Hello all, I've come across a very simple but debilitating problem in Stata(se 9.2). Typically, i write my code in a text editor, then simple cut and paste it into the command window. This has always worked until yesterday, directly after I updated stata via the internet. Now, when i paste, the carriage returns (or end of lines) are not pasted. So, all the lines I paste are read as one line. I've tried 3 very different text editors, including the one bundled with stata. Furthermore, I've checked throught the archives, without any success.

Mark Orr

Mark G. Orr, Ph.D.
Department of Population and Family Health
Columbia University
60 Haven Ave., B-2
New York, NY 10032

* For searches and help try: