Re: st: RE: Problem with generating time dummies in panel data

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Problem with generating time dummies in panel data
Date   Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:42:39 +0100

You have to tell Stata that you don't want a value generated if minder
is missing.  Your command refers to the year variable, not the minder
variable although the generated variables are named minder1, minder2,
minder3, you could have called the three dummy variables holiday1,
holiday2, holiday3, if you have written -tab year, gen(holiday)-

Therefore if you want no dummies generated when minder is missing you
should write:

tab year if ~mi(minder), gen(minder)

Or you can restrict your regression to use only obs that has a minder
value.  Or you can drop all obs that has got a missing minder value.