st: RE: reg3 is not doing what I need it to do, suggestions?

Subject   st: RE: reg3 is not doing what I need it to do, suggestions?
Date   Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:29:58 +0100

Anna,

You're getting coefficients on y and x because that's how you've coded
it, and, more generally, that's what 3SLS estimation of a system of
equations is supposed to give you.  Perhaps the "y-hat" and "x-hat" you
mention are fitted values?  If so, then (just as in 2SLS) they are
temporary variables in 3SLS that are a means to an end and usually not
of any inherent interest.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes