Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: estout for version 8.0?

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: estout for version 8.0?
Date   Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:23:41 -0500

At 10:02 PM 7/14/2006, Anna G wrote:
Dear all,
I am using intercooled stata 8.0 on windows xp. I just installed estout and this is the error message that I get.

. estout rural urban all instruments, cells (b (star fmt(9.3f) t(par fmt(%9.2f)) stats(r2 N)///
version 8.2 not supported

Is there an earlier version that I can install? I tried to find it with no luck.

Thank you in advance.
You don't need an earlier version of estout, you need a later version of Stata. Upgrading Stata 8 to Stata 8.2 is free. Just type

update all

and follow the directions. If you get something like a timeout error, try

update executable
update ado

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373