st: re: use of review window

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: use of review window
Date   Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:32:37 -0500

I concur. In fact I preferred even more, the old review window of Stata
6 (?) and previous versions that always kept the place of whichever
command you last executed. That way if you wanted to reissue a series of
4 or 5 commands, you could just click on them in turn without having to
scroll back up to where they were after each one.

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael
Blasnik
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: problem pasting into command window with latest Stata
update (WinXP)

I just downloaded the latest ado and exe updates for my Stata 9.2 SE
running on Win XP pro and have encountered a problem.

Since the update, I have found that when I paste multiple commands into
the command window at once, they get concatenated into a single line,
causing an error.  Prior to this update, I could paste several lines
from a do file into the command window and they would each execute in
turn.  Is this some new behavior or "feature" related to the most recent
exe?  The help whatsnew file says:

19. The Command window now has keyboard shortcuts reinstated from Stata
8.
Using Ctrl-Backspace to delete a whole word is an example.

I have tried using various combinations of Ctrl, shift, and insert keys
(which I seem to remember was needed in Stata 8 to get the multiple
lines to work), but haven't found a solution.  Anyone else experience
this change?
Any solutions?

While I'm mentioning this, I might as well ask about my biggest
interface problem with Stata 9 (since 9.0) -- the Review window no
longer maintains a highlight on a command after I double click it to
make it re-run.  When I want to rerun a series of commands that are far
back in the review window I need to scroll back each time and search for
my place, making the window almost useless.  In Stata 8.x the review
window would keep your place and maintain highlighting.  Is there any
fix to this?

Michael Blasnik