From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: str2ph and cluster
Date   Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:10:32 +0100

Run the program with and without using this option previously
to  see whether it makes any difference.

On my understanding, "valid" is not necessarily the
best word here. -str2ph- is just a way of putting
a number on agreement between observed and predicted,
using a likelihood approach. That can be useful,
but it is not totemic.

Jane Skinner