Re: st: strange test statistic with ologit

Subject   Re: st: strange test statistic with ologit
Date   Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:18:26 -0500

At 10:59 AM 7/11/2006, Stephan Rudolfer wrote:
Note: 8 observations completely determined. Standard errors questionable.

I am astonished that Stata has given the F-statistic instead of the chi-squared one in the second model fitted. This seems to have occurred just because I deleted the last six variables of the first model. Having asked two Stata experts, who told me that they had never seen anything like this, I am hoping that someone on statalist will be able to clarify the situation for me. Many thanks in advance.
Well, either way, it is probably problematic, given the warning message about the 8 observations being completely determined. You might drop those cases and see what happens.

If you want a second opinion, you could try downloading and running -oglm-. oglm isn't as good about giving you these kinds of warning messages (I need to work on that!) Whether it would give you an F or chi-square stat with the 2nd model, I don't know.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]