Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Chi-Square?

From   "Janelle Knox" <>
Subject   st: Chi-Square?
Date   Sat, 8 Jul 2006 16:49:10 +0100

Dear List,

I believe this is a fairly simple operation but am still not sure how
to do it:  I have a variable that asks whether retirement income is
less than expected and has five options(more, less, same, not sure,
etc).  Is there a way to test whether one of the options (in this
case-2) retirement is less than expected) is significantly higher than
the variable mean?  So of 2500 respondants 1700 suggest that
retirement is less than expected.  How do I test if this is
signficant?  Hope this makes sense...