RE: st: Preventing expansion of variable name with -confirm-

From   "Alex Ogan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Preventing expansion of variable name with -confirm-
Date   Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:23:43 -0400

Oops -- that's what I get for not specifying that I am using Stata 8.2,
which doesn't have this option.

Nice to see that it was added for Stata 9, thanks for pointing it out.

Also thanks to Richard Williams for pointing out -set varabbrev-, which
allows a workaround in Stata 8.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael S.
Hanson
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 11:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Preventing expansion of variable name with -confirm-

On Jul 7, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Alex Ogan wrote:

> How can I prevent Stata from expanding an argument varlist?

	[snip]

> I want -confirm variable a- to have a non-zero return code, because
> the
> variable name is not exactly "a".

	A quick look at -help confirm- would likely have suggested the -

exact- option.  HTH.

                                         -- Mike

This message is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Arrowstreet Capital, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.