Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: import SPSS files

From   "Joe McCrary" <>
Subject   Re: st: import SPSS files
Date   Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:39:23 -0400

AM Statistical software, which is free from the Ameican Institutes for
Research, will allow you to open and close datasets from many
different formats, including SPSS and Stata.

Just register, download it and the data transfer component.

The benefit of AM over R is that it's GUI, so you won't have a
learning curve in order to use it.