Re: RE: st: import SPSS files

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: RE: st: import SPSS files
Date   Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:16:20 -0400

Nuno,
 You're quite right. The R package read.spss(foreign)
will work on SPSS v. 14 files.  If the data set is
called test.sav, then the command to read it is
testsav<-read.spss("test.sav").  Then you can use
the extractors to deal with the variables.
  I suppose you can then use write.sta("testsav") to produce
the Stata file?
 - RY

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor