Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: ML resultst

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: ML resultst
Date   Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:13:56 +0100 (BST)

--- marcel spijkerman <> wrote:
> I am running a ML estimation and have a question concerning the
> results. Convergence normal but when resultst are displayed,
> standard errors, z-values etc for some variables are not
> displayed (only the estimated coefficient), instead dots are
> reported.  I am convinced that I can not rely on these estimates
> but wonder whether some more informative (about the problem) can
> be derived. Diagnoses that help me to resolve the problem.

We cannot give you very specific advise since you haven't told us what
model you are estimating, but good places to look are: and

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting adress:

+31 20 5986715

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use"  The Wall Street Journal