Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Hausman Test for Logistic Panel Regression Models

From   Sandip Basu <>
Subject   st: Hausman Test for Logistic Panel Regression Models
Date   Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

I have recently done the Hausman test to determine whether a random effects specification would be appropriate for my data, for OLS and negative binomial regression. However, when I tried to do the test for the same variables for a Logistic Regression model, I got the error message "no coefficients in common; specify equations(matchlist)for problems with different equation names". That is quite puzzling because I'm using the same variables for FE and RE in logit as well as for the other models I ran earlier. Would appreciate any comments/ suggestions.

Sandip Basu
University of Washington