Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: streg/suest/missing score variables

Subject   st: streg/suest/missing score variables
Date   Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:14:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Statalisters,

I've run into a problem using suest after streg. I have nine models, and
I'm comparing regression coefficients between various pairs. (Each model
is a different failure type, but that's not important right now. All
independent variables are identical among models.)

The problem arises thusly:

stset ...
streg ...
est store A

stset ...
streg ...
est store B

suest A B

I get the following error: "score variable for model A contains missing

The thing is that I don't always get the error message. About 3 of the
nine models can be paired together.

I found this:

Is there any chance this is a similar bug? Or am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Alan Marco
Department of Economics
Vassar College