st: RE: How to combine 2 variables with same outcome (yes, no) into 2 values in a new variable

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to combine 2 variables with same outcome (yes, no) into 2 values in a new variable
Date   Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:47:01 +0100

First off, let me repeat some basic points
stressed many times on this list.

The language we are discussing is called Stata.
Getting the spelling right may not matter to
you but it irritates some of the people who
might otherwise answer your questions and thus
increases the probability of your postings
being zapped by experts.

You have Stata 8.0. As has already been mentioned,
you should -update- to Stata 8.2.

Now on the question:
I have read your email but am not clear on what
your data in memory in Stata actually are. Two extreme
hypotheses seem consistent with your description
here, that you have not yet entered the
data, and that you have 2 variables and 115
observations in memory.

Either way, commands you should find useful,
at least in future, are -expand- and -reshape-.

buddyb