Re: st: Importing date data

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Importing date data
Date   Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:13:15 -0400

Nuno,
 If you can read the variable in as a string, you could call it
the ymd variable.

Then you could use the following code:
generate mdate=daily(ymd, "ymd")

Then you could format the mdate function as follows:
format mdate %td.

This would convert it to a Stata date variable.
  - Robert

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor
Shirley M. Ehrenkranz