st: RE: RE: RE: RE: ivreg vs ivreg2, both with cluster

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: ivreg vs ivreg2, both with cluster
Date   Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:48:13 +0100

Hi Mark

I see. It is because of the nice ivreg2 test statistics.

So I would appreciate to ge that beta-version - this would save me some
headache.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend
Justina

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Schaffer,
Mark E
Sent: 23 June 2006 21:29
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: RE: RE: ivreg vs ivreg2, both with cluster

Justina,

No, IV and OLS are examples of GMM estimators, and ivreg2 does straight
IV just like IV - see the help file.  The problems arise when an
estimate of the covariance matrix of orthogonality conditions is needed
in order to do efficient GMM, or to do testing afterwards.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax
+44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes