Re: st: RE: outreg2 + anova = error

Subject   Re: st: RE: outreg2 + anova = error
Date   Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:35:14 -0500

At 10:46 PM 6/21/2006, roy wada wrote:
This is the first time I ever dealt with anova in Stata. Here is the rest of the story:

When I wrote -outreg2-, I apparently used an "older" version of -outreg- from Stata's STB website.
*! version 3.0.6 27nov00

The "newer" version of outreg from SSC has this error fixed.
*! version 3.1.7 13may02

Someone once told me that the two copies are equivalent. They are not.
My general experience has been that when there are multiple copies of a program, the SSC version tends to be the most current (although that is not guaranteed). Possible exceptions include when authors offer programs from their own sites. For example, Long and Freese now do their own posting of their spost routines. Nonetheless, an old version of -fitstat- on SSC continues to get a lot of downloads.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]