st: dialog programming question

Subject   st: dialog programming question
Date   Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:27:20 -0400

I'm working on a project where I need to create a dialog box for the end user. I want the user to be able to permanently store and retrieve all of the settings in the dialog box. I've found a way to do this by keeping the settings information in a Stata dataset and creating buttons that activate programs in the dialog file for retrieving old settings and saving new settings through global macros.

The problem I'm having is that when settings are retrieved, the values in the dialog box don't change unless the user clicks the reset button in the bottom left corner. I'd like to know if there is a way to automatically initiate a reset from within a script or program so that the default values update themselves. The reset button does get a name (usually res1) so I'm wondering if there is some type of member function to initiate a reset.

Thanks,

Michael Blasnik
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/