st: gllamm for assessing heteogeneity in response

From   Subramanian Swaminathan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: gllamm for assessing heteogeneity in response
Date   Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statalisters,

I am new to stata. I apologise for asking this simple
questions in this
august forum.I have been trying to understand the
discussion on the above
subject.

I am trying to use 'gllamm' for a data set on clinical
trial in which we
have measured outcomes repeatedly at monthly interval
over a period of one
year as well as prior to initiation of treatment. I
would like to see is
there any difference in reponse between individuals.
'Response' is a
dichotomous variable. other independent variables age,
sex, and a baseline
measurement (pre-treatment) which is continuous. I
would be grateful to the
listers if any one clarify the following questions:

(1) whether 'gllamm' can be applied to measure the
individual difference in
response to treatment.
(2) what does the variance for the for the different
levels indicate?
(3) what is the level of 'condition number', which is
acceptable for a good
model?

thanking you in advance,
Subramanian Swaminathan