Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: creating three-dimensional matrices

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <>
Subject   st: creating three-dimensional matrices
Date   Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:48:56 -0400

Hi everyone,

In a program (mata) I need to store n different matrices, so effectively, that's kind of three-dimensional matrix.

Currently I do this by creating matrix (rowvector) of pointers - prow[1..n-], initially pointing them to some simple matrices I(1) and then storing my working matrices by *prow[i]=X

But somehow still have a filling that that's not the best way to do it, I was wandering if anybody had a better idea?

Thanks in advance,

* For searches and help try: