Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: stcmd on Stata for Mac OS X?

From   "Pierre Azoulay" <>
Subject   st: stcmd on Stata for Mac OS X?
Date   Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:23:50 -0400

Dear Stata Users,

I recently switched from using a PC to using a new intel-based Mac. My
new version of Stata seems to work like a charm, except for the stcmd
commands from stat/transfer, which apparently expect windows. Does
anyone know of a workaround? I have a thousand .do files with
expressions like : "stcmd datadump.xls stata/se datadump.dta /t /y"
I would hate to have to to manually stat/transfer each of these excel
or other type of file...

...or should I just use insheet?

Pierre Azoulay
Associate Professor of Management
Columbia University                           Phone: (212) 854-9684
Graduate School of Business                Fax:   Don't send any
3022 Broadway, Uris Hall 704
New York, NY 10023