st: RE: bootstrap confidence intervals for multiple rater kappa

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: bootstrap confidence intervals for multiple rater kappa
Date   Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:04:53 +0100

Bernadette

You can calculate an analytical confidence interval for kappa for
multiple raters and a binary rating using the method of Zou & Donner
(Biometrics 2004) - the commands -kappci- and -kappaci- to do this
calculation (for -kap- and -kappa- formatted data, respectively) are
included in my package -kaputil- available from SSC (-ssc describe
kaputil-).

Alternatively, you may want to take a look at the command -kapci-, from
Stata J 4-4 (-findit kapci-), which does bootstrap cis for kappa,
although my recollection is that the data need to be in the format for
-kap- for this one.

You should note, though, that both -kap- and -kappa- require one row per
subject rather than one row per rater. You can get from one form to the
other with two -reshape-s, e.g. suppose you have a variable rater taking
values 1-149 and 14 variables rating1-rating14 for the ratings of the 14
videos...

reshape long rating, i(rater) j(video)
reshape wide rating, i(video) j(rater)

Now you have a variable video taking values 1-14 and 149 variables
rating1-rating149 for the ratings of the 149 raters, and you can use
-kap- (or -kappci- or -kapci- or do your own bootstrapping).

Hope this helps

David