RE: st: problems with e(sample)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: problems with e(sample)
Date   Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:00:43 +0100

I too stand corrected. I hadn't realised until
now that

1.

preserve

restore

is not exactly equivalent to

2.

tempfile whatever
save `whatever'

use `whatever', clear

as with 1. e(class) stuff seems to return, while
in 2. it doesn't.  When I said "save" I meant
-save-; but in any case I checked the wrong
thing and read [P] preserve without checking
the behaviour of -preserve- and -restore-.
Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks for the correction.

Zurab Sajaia