Re: st: problems with e(sample)

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problems with e(sample)
Date   Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:53:00 -0400

Caveat with e(sample)
  When one is using a differenced variable, the first observation may be
included when e(sample) does not equal 0.  This may confuse the clean
division
between the estimation and validation sample if one is not careful.  I
prefer
to construct a segment variable dividing the estimation from the holdout
sample
for out-of-sample forecast evaluation.
  - Regards,
     Bob Yaffee