Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Mata: dropping structures from memory

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <>
Subject   st: Mata: dropping structures from memory
Date   Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:50:36 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have a recursive problem involving linked list of structures in Mata, but after some number of chains (number is not fixed, that's why I decided to use list instead of a matrix) I don't need an earlier members of the list and they can be dropped to free some memory. If I don't drop them, my list is getting too long and even makes Stata to crash.

I was wondering if there was some way of clearing structures like other objects in Stata.

Thanks in advance,

* For searches and help try: