st: bugfix dirifit

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: bugfix dirifit
Date   Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:10:00 +0200

A couple of days ago I announced that there was a
bug in -dirifit- and that I had put a corrected
version on my website till -dirifit- was updated
on ssc. Thanks to Kit this has now been done, so
there is no need for my site anymore and -dirifit-
has been removed from my site. Users of -dirifit-
are encouraged to update their version of -dirifit-.

-dirifit- can be used to fit a model on multiple
explained/dependent/y variables that are proportions
(and thus are all larger than zero and add up to one).
For instance, for many municipalities you have data
on the proportion of their budget spend on social
issues, economic issues and security issues, and you
want to explain them using the political orientation
of the governing parties. It is described in a bit
more detail on
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-04/msg00862.html
and an example with data is shown on
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00009.html.