RE: st: RE: Frontier,stata 8 & stata 9

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Frontier,stata 8 & stata 9
Date   Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:44:03 +0100

Regardless of significance or non-significance,
forcing any model through the origin -- if that
is what you are implying -- is usually
a good idea if and only if there are substantive
(meaning scientific) grounds for thinking that
that is the correct functional form. There is a short
but intensely intelligent discussion of the point
in McCullagh and Nelder's 1989 book. (Reference in
[R] glm.)

Gauri Khanna