Re: st: Re: How do you get Stata to output everything in the windowwithout clicking on "more" thanks?

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: How do you get Stata to output everything in the windowwithout clicking on "more" thanks?
Date   Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:00:40 +0900

Buddy wrote:

..and well, while I'm at it...how do I get a listing
of just my variables without any other info...describe
gives me too much info.

The help file for -describe- ( www.stata.com/help.cgi?describe ) states that
the option -simple- will "display only variable names."

Typing -help describe- in the command window (omit hyphens) brings up the
help file for the command -describe-, just as typing -help more- would have
quickly led you to the answer to your question about -more-, faster than you
could have got on the list.

You might have come to believe from your experience with SAS that the
documentation for these software packages is a bit imposing, even
labyrinthical, but that for Stata is reasonably straightforward and
approachable.  It might be better if you tried the online help files and the
various Stata learner websites (see URLs below for an entry point) before
posting.  I've found that first trying to look things up on my own helps me
get up to speed best in the long run.

Joseph Coveney