st: Frontier,stata 8 & stata 9

From   "Gauri Khanna" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Frontier,stata 8 & stata 9
Date   Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:56:58 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am running the following frontier regression and insert covariates in the one sided error term U that captures inefficiency effects.

I thus run the following

frontier logoutput logcorarea loglabour logmanure logfertiliserval logtrac logox logirrigation cropdum, uhet(experience age corarea, noconstant).

1. In stata SE 8.1 I confront an error with the noconstant option. It gives me an error- noconstant invalid. This is a syntax problem and I have looked at the stata 8 manuals and as far I understand this is the correct way. Does anyone know better?

2. I am also running into convergence problems with my frontier iterations. I decided to assign a lower tolerance level of ltolerance(1e-4) which works in stata SE8.1 but refuses to converge when I use stata 9 in the office. I tried 1e-7 for stata 9 but it did not work either in stata 9. Does anyone have a solution to the convergence problem in stata 9?

Thank you in advance.

Gauri

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/