st: running gllamm in stata

From   sharad sharma <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: running gllamm in stata
Date   Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Based on the GLLAMM manual I tried to run two level
random coefficient model for binary outcome variable.
It took about 4 hour to run the model. I suspect I
could not input the comands correctly. I am also not
clear about  defining matrix, equation and other
options. May I request for your help? Data source,
variables and syntax which I used are as follows,

Data source is women nested within village (average
women per village is 10, minimum4 maximum 80). There
are 2 level2 variables and 6 level1 variables, with
n=1060

Level 2 (village) variables: vi24 vi26
Level 1 (women)  variables: svcompr (dependent with 1
yes and 0 no), bpod, anctrain, ddiff, crillnes,
delhist, alcohol

Input comands were as follows,

. gen cons=1
. eq inter: cons
. eq slope: anctrain alcohol crillnes delhist
. matrix a = e(b)
. matrix a = (a, .2, 0)
. gllamm svcompr anctrain alcohol crillnes delhist
vi24 vi26, i(vill) link(logit) family(binom) nrf(2)
eqs(inter slope) nip(5) copy adapt eform

My questions are, whether the comand is correst? if
so, how can the computer be made to run comand faster?
If it is not correct, what would be the correct
comand.

Hoping appropriate suggestions,

Sincerely

Sharad