Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: mice experiment, risk for a clinical manifestation

From   Yoshiro Nagao <>
Subject   Re: st: mice experiment, risk for a clinical manifestation
Date   Fri, 9 Jun 2006 04:06:59 +0900 (JST)

Dear Ron,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

> So there are two outcomes:
> 1. died of Z (how irritating to die of an irrelevant
> illness...) and
> 2. died of Y
> Simplest way to handle this is in a multinomial
> logistic regression
> with alive as the base category.

I see...I will try multinomial logistic.

By the way, mice and their immunological
conditions were monitored everyday.
Is this a sort of survival time data (?).

In addition, mice, which died of "Z", might
have developed "Y", if they have had survived
"Z".  So, is it possible to treat
a death from "Z" as a "failure to follow up"
in whatever sort of survival analysis?

P.S. Let me apologise for the inadequate
remark about the death of mice.

Let's start Yahoo! Auction  -  Free Campaign Now!