Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Fw: regarding stata MLE

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Fw: regarding stata MLE
Date   Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:07:20 -0400

At 08:01 AM 6/8/2006, Suddhasil Siddhanta wrote:

I've just begun with the maximum likelihood with Stata.

Can you please help me in this regard. My estimation equation is a linear one with normal distribution.

Y = constant + ax1 +b x2, where y is the dependent variable, a, b are the coefficient and x1, x2 are the independent variables.

Can you please help me in providing a programme that will run for the equation.

suddhasil siddhanta
Department of Economics
I am not sure how that differs from the regress command. But in any event, check out Stata's mle book:

Even if you don't get the book, the web page includes links to all the programs and data sets that are used in the book.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu