st: Weighted scatterplot with -mlabel-

From   "Richard Upward" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Weighted scatterplot with -mlabel-
Date   Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:09:19 +0100

Dear Statalisters

I am trying to produce a weighted scatterplot which includes labels for each point.  But when I use the -msymbol- option, the weighting seems to be removed.  A silly example:

sysuse auto
scatter price mpg [fweight=weight]
scatter price mpg [fweight=weight], mlabel(make)

The first scatter command weights the points, the second does not.  Is this behaviour a "bug" or a "feature", or am I missing something obvious?

I am using Stata/SE 9.2 for Windows
Born 17 May 2006

Richard

Richard Upward